Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sheena

As I was watching the finale of  So You Think You Can Dance tonight I got rather emotional when "Fix You" choreographed by Travis Wahl was performed again. I couldn't help but to think about Sheena - and how so badly we all just wanted to "fix her". When she first told me her cancer had returned, I never thought that her life would end so suddenly or that she wouldn't be able to beat it this time around like she did the first time. I talked to her the day before she went in the hospital to have her transplant and although she was so scared and frightened, she never stopped being brave. Whenever she returned my call from earlier in the day, I was not in the mood to talk at all. I personally was having a bad day. After I saw that it was her, I just asked myself how could I be so selfish. How could I be having a bad day? The last thing I said to Sheena was that I knew everything was in God's hands and that it would all be okay. I told her I loved her and we said goodbye. Being able to talk to her and say those things to her, I am forever grateful for. Losing a close friend is nothing I've ever experienced and it's truly one of the most difficult things I've ever faced. It is something that sometimes I still can't believe really happened...like it's just all a bad dream. Sheena was such a great person and friend, always had a smile on her face, always laughing and was one of the strongest persons I knew. Goodness, I miss her dearly.



Sheena Michelle Kachelmeier
12/3/84 - 4/20/10

No comments:

Post a Comment