Sunday, January 16, 2011

Over the boots, bring on the flip flops already!!

It's so funny how things work out sometimes. We want what we don't have and often don't want what we do. It's obviously not the way to be, but I know I wouldn't be truthful if I said I wasn't guilty of feeling this way - at least every now and again. Well, this winter we sure have gotten what we wanted...or so we thought! Lots of snow...more snow...ice...melting ice...more ice again = couped up this past week. I was so thankful to go back to work!! lol Anyway, we have sure enjoyed the snow this year, both times...even as it is still present in our yards a week later it is still beautiful to look at. We sledded with the neighbors, had snowball fights, made snow angels and attempted a snowman, but failed b/c it was too icy! The boys...well, we all had fun playing together! Here's a glimpse at our Winter Wonderland!!




Needless to say - some good snow gear might be a good investment for next year! We were totally unprepared. Even thinking a snow shovel and ice scraper will come in handy too! Who would've thunk it?

Anyway, I can honestly say that as much as I love all my new boots...I'm ready to stop wearing them! I want sunshine, some flip flops and days of hanging out in the backyard and grilling out to hurry up and get here!
\
Ahhh!! The warm, sunny beach. Can't wait to see you again in May!!

No comments:

Post a Comment